Your MIDO® watch is warranted by Mido S.A. for a period of twenty-four (24) months from the date of purchase under the terms and conditions of this warranty. The international MIDO® warranty covers material and manufacturing defects existing at the time of delivery of the purchased MIDO® watch ("defects"). The warranty only comes into force if the warranty certificate is dated, fully and correctly completed and stamped by an official MIDO® dealer ("valid warranty certificate").
During the warranty period and by presenting the valid warranty certifi-cate, you will have the right to have any defect repaired free of charge. In the event that repairs are improper to restore the normal conditions of use of your MIDO® watch, Mido S.A. guarantees its replacement by a MIDO® watch of identical or similar characteristics. The warranty for the replacement watch ends twenty-four (24) months after the date of purchase of the replaced watch.
This manufacturer's warranty does not cover:
- the life of the battery
- normal wear and tear and aging (e.g. scratched crystal; alteration of the colour and/or material of non metallic straps and chains, such as leather, textile, rubber; peeling of the plating);
- any damage on any part of the watch resulting from abnormal / abu-sive use, lack of care, negligence, accidents (knocks, dents, crushing, broken crystal, etc.), incorrect use of the watch and non-observance of the use directions provided by Mido S.A.;
- indirect or consequential damages of any kind resulting from e.g. the use, the non-functioning, the defects or the inaccuracy of the MIDO® watch;
- the MIDO® watch handled by non-authorized persons (e.g. for bat-tery replacement, services or repairs) or which has been altered in its original condition beyond Mido S.A.'s control.
Any further claim against Mido S.A. e.g. for damages additional to the above described warranty is expressly excluded, except mandatory statutory rights the purchaser may have against the manufacturer.
The above manufacturer's warranty:
- is independent of any warranty that may be provided by the seller, for which he carries sole responsibility;
- does not affect the purchaser's rights against the seller nor any other mandatory statutory rights the purchaser may have against the seller.
The Mido S.A.'s customer service ensures the perfect maintenance of your MIDO® watch. If your watch needs attention, rely on an official MIDO® dealer or an authorized MIDO® Service Center: they can guar-antee service according to Mido S.A.'s standards.
Collection and treatment of end of life quartz watches*
This symbol indicates that this product should not be dis-posed with household waste. It has to be returned to a local authorized collection system. By following this procedure you will contribute to the protection of the environment and human health. The recycling of the materials will help to conserve natural resources.
* valid in the EU member states and in any countries with correspond-ing legislation.
Replacing the battery
We recommend that you contact an approved MIDO® Service Centre or authorised MIDO® retailer, as they are equipped with the tools and apparatus required to carry out the work and the necessary checks in a professional manner. A worn-out battery should be replaced immedi-ately in order to reduce the risk of leakage and consequent damage to the movement.
Mido S.A., CH-2400 Le Locle, Switzerland
MIDO® is a registered trademark
Precautions and Preventive Measures
Do not expose your watch to sudden temperature changes (exposure to sunlight followed by immersion in cold water) or extreme temperatures [over 60°C (140°F) or below 0°C (32°F)].
Do not expose your watch to intense magnetic fields such as loud-speakers, portable telephones, computers or refrigerators and other electromagnetic appliances.
Avoid thermal or other shocks as it may harm your watch. In the event of a violent shock please have your watch checked by an authorized MIDO® Service Center.
Avoid direct contact with solvents, detergents, perfumes, cosmetic prod-ucts etc., since they may damage the bracelet, the case or the gaskets.
Care and checks
Clean the case and bracelet regularly using a soft cloth to prevent any corrosion caused by perspiration. All water resistant watches can be cleaned with a toothbrush and soapy water, and then dried with a soft cloth. After being worn in the sea, the watch must be rinsed with warm fresh water and then dried completely.
DOWNLOAD THE WARRANTY