Maurice Lacroix Warranty
Because a good watch deserves a good service, our high-quality standard is by no means limited to the manufacture of first-class watches.
1. INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY
1.1 LIMITED INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY FOR MAURICE LACROIX WATCHES (VALID IN ALL COUNTRIES EXCEPT FOR THE U.S.A. AND THE CARIBBEAN)
This limited warranty (hereinafter referred to as: the warranty) is extended by the manufacturer, Maurice Lacroix SA, Rue des Rangiers 21, CH-2350 Saignelégier (Switzerland). The limitations to the warranty are detailed below. Your Maurice Lacroix watch was manufactured using only quality materials and applying stringent production standards. Like all Maurice Lacroix watches, it was subjected to an individual quality control and complied with the demanding quality requirements stipulated by Maurice Lacroix SA. For this reason, Maurice Lacroix SA extends a guarantee covering all manufacturing defects for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase. This warranty entitles you to claim for the repair of all production defects arising during the period of warranty, on condition that they are communicated without delay. In addition, the watch may be replaced at the manufacturer?s discretion. You can claim your entitlement under this manufacturer warranty from any authorised Maurice Lacroix retailer, from any Maurice Lacroix representative or any regional service centre, or directly from Maurice Lacroix SA.
Please note that your international Maurice Lacroix warranty is only valid if your returned watch is accompanied by the Warranty Certificate located at the beginning of the owner's manual. This Warranty Certificate must be completed in every part and signed by the authorised Maurice Lacroix retailer where you bought your watch. This Warranty Certificate must bear the serial number and the reference number of the watch and the exact date of purchase. It must also bear the stamp and signature of the authorised Maurice Lacroix retailer.
This warranty does not cover the crystal, leather straps or any damage caused by inappropriate use, such as sharp knocks, extreme heat or cold, or strong magnetic fields. Any repair or maintenance work carried out by unauthorised persons shall also automatically make this warranty null and void. In addition, this warranty does not cover the batteries that operate the quartz mechanism. Your watch is guaranteed to be water-resistant for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase, on condition that the crystal, face, case and crown are all undamaged. Your attention is drawn expressly to the fact that Maurice Lacroix watches are not suitable for use while practising extreme sports.
APPLICABLE LAW AND OTHER RIGHTS
This manufacturer warranty gives you specific legal rights; in addition to these, you may also have other rights on the basis of irrevocable provisions established by other national laws, which may vary from country to country, according to the law applicable at the time and in the place where your watch was purchased. In addition, this warranty does nothing to alter your rights with regard to the authorised Maurice Lacroix retailer from whom you purchased your watch, under which you may be entitled to claim as a consequence of the applicable national law governing the sale of consumer goods.
EXCLUSION AND RESTRICTION OF OTHER WARRANTIES
Insofar as allowed under current law, Maurice Lacroix SA excludes all and any other express or implied warranties. All implied warranties, i.e. including, though not exclusively, any implied warranty covering the relative characteristics for merchantability or a specific application, as may be imposed under a country?s legislation, shall be limited to a duration of two (2) years. Some countries do not allow any limitation on the duration of an implied warranty, in which case the restriction in this clause may not apply to you.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
As far as applicable law allows, Maurice Lacroix SA or the authorised Maurice Lacroix retailers shall under no circumstances be liable to the purchaser or to any other persons for individual, consequential or incidental damages of any kind (including, but not limited to, loss of income or business or any other economic damage) that may arise out of a breach of the warranty, a breach of contract or otherwise, even if Maurice Lacroix SA has been informed about such a possibility. Any recovery against Maurice Lacroix SA or the authorised Maurice Lacroix retailer shall in any case be limited expressly to the purchase price of the watch, regardless of whether the said recovery is based on the clauses of this warranty or on legal provisions. Some countries do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, in which case the limitations and exclusions in this clause may not apply to you. The watch is guaranteed for two years from the date of purchase in accordance with the conditions given in the instructions manual. For Service Centre information please refer to the official homepage:
1.2 LIMITED WARRANTY FOR MAURICE LACROIX WATCHES (VALID IN THE U.S.A. AND THE CARIBBEAN ONLY)
DKSH Luxury & Lifestyle North America Inc., the exclusive United States importer and distributor of Maurice Lacroix brand watches, hereby extends to purchasers of Maurice Lacroix brand watches purchased within the United States of America and the Caribbean (first purchaser only) the following express warranty (which replaces and excludes any other express warranties of DKSH Luxury & Lifestyle North America Inc. or Maurice Lacroix Ltd., within the U.S.A. and the Caribbean): For a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase, DKSH Luxury & Lifestyle North America Inc., will repair any Maurice Lacroix brand watch purchased within the U.S.A. and the Caribbean if: 1. the watch is returned to one of the authorised U.S. Service Centres; and
2. the returned watch is accompanied by proof of purchase, i.e. an authorised retailer purchase receipt with reference and serial number, date and place of purchase, or by the Warranty Certificate received with the watch at the time of purchase. This Warranty Certificate ? located at the beginning of this manual ? must be duly completed, stating name and full address of the authorised Maurice Lacroix retailer where the watch was purchased, date of purchase as well as the reference number and serial number of the watch purchased. This limited warranty does not cover leather straps, crystals, batteries, wear and tear to the case or moisture damage if the timepiece is a non-water-resistant model, nor does it apply if there is evidence of misuse or abuse of the watch in a manner inconsistent with accompanying instructions, including defects which result from servicing not carried out by authorised persons.
IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY IMPOSED ON THE SALE OF THIS MAURICE LACROIX WATCH UNDER STATE LAW, ARE LIMITED TO TWO (2) YEARS DURATION FOR THE WATCH. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, IN WHICH CASE, THE ABOVE LIMITATION DOES NOT APPLY.
Under no circumstances shall DKSH Luxury & Lifestyle North America Inc. or Maurice Lacroix Ltd. be liable to purchaser or any other person for any special or consequential damages, whether arising out of breach of warranty, breach of contract or otherwise. Any recovery against DKSH Luxury & Lifestyle North America Inc. or Maurice Lacroix Ltd. may not be greater than the purchase price of the watch. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, in which case the above limitation or exclusion does not
apply. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Any other form of warranty given by the retailer is entirely his own responsibility and no person is authorised to change the terms of this warranty. Should your Maurice Lacroix timepiece need servicing, send it to one of the authorised U.S. Service Centres. Exclusive importer and distributor in the United States of America:
Maurice Lacroix USA
DKSH Luxury & Lifestyle,
North America, Inc.
9 Princess Road Suite D
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
Phone: (609) 750-8800
The watch is guaranteed for two years from the date of purchase in accordance with the conditions given in the instructions manual. For Service Centre information please refer to the official homepage:
1. Service contents and prices
Servicing your Maurice Lacroix timepiece will help you preserving its longevity over the years.
We recommend proceeding with a complete service every 4 to 5 years to ensure proper functioning and water resistance.
The 4 steps of a complete service
1. Preliminary analysis performed by our skilled watchmakers
- Bracelet / strap removal
- Movement working check and control of specific functions linked to the watch model (e.g. date, chronograph, moon phase, time-zone...)
- Diagnosis and identification of eventual issues on the watch submitted for analysis
- Cost estimate
2. Complete service of the watch case
- Complete dismantling of the watch case (sapphire crystal, crown, pushers)
- Ultrasonic cleaning of the case and bracelet
- Polishing of the case and bracelet (on request)
- Replacement of the gaskets
3. Complete service of the movement
- Complete dismantling of the movement in parts
- Ultrasonic cleaning to remove particles and dry lubricants
- Replacement of time-worn or defective components
- Reassembling and lubricating of all mobile parts
- Final adjustment and control of functions
- Reassembly of the case including movement, dial and hands
4. Quality control procedures
- Water-resistance (if applicable)
- Hour setting
- Control of specific functions linked to the watch model (e.g. Date, chronograph, moon phase, time-zone...)
- Control of winding mechanism (for mechanical watches) and power-reserve performance specific to each model
- Bracelet and strap fitting
- Final aesthetic checks
2. Find a Service Center
Servicing your Maurice Lacroix at an officially certified Service Center ensures you to benefit from original spare parts. A 24 months international warranty is offered with each service performed at an official service center.
- The power reserve of our mechanical watches, depending the model, varies between 38 and 48 hours of power autonomy. Should your watch stop, we recommend winding the crown 10 to 20 turns to restart the movement.
- Wind your mechanical manual watch in the morning, it will give it more accuracy during the day.
- Leather straps are natural materials that could suffer from contact with water, sweat, sun exposure and contact with cosmetics.
- Adjust your bracelet to the correct size of your wrist to prevent from premature wearing out.
- Check that the crown and pushers are properly locked in their correct position before having any contact with water or humidity.
- Can I wear a Maurice Lacroix stainless steel watch if I am allergic to nickel?
The materials used by Maurice Lacroix are subjected to severe tests in order to avoid this problem. The stainless steel used by Maurice Lacroix does contain nickel, but this must first be transferred from the material to the skin before an allergy is triggered. Our stainless steel is so stable that it does not release nickel and is therefore safe for allergy sufferers. The only exception is for those who are hyper-sensitive to stainless steel, i.e. those who cannot cook or eat with stainless steel utensils.
- What is the difference between a chronograph and a chronometer?
A chronograph is a watch with hands that display hours, minutes and seconds, together with a mechanism for measuring elapsed time by means of a central chronograph hand, which records seconds, and 30-minute and 12-hour totalisers. A chronometer is a watch that has obtained an official rate certificate from the COSC (Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute) after having passed precision tests in different positions and at different temperatures, as well as water-resistance tests. These tests are conducted over a 15-day period of time.
- What are the water-resistance norms?
Current norms state that a watch can only be called "Water-resistant" if it withstands perspiration, drops of water, rain, or immersion in one meter of water for 30 minutes. Superior levels of water-resistance are generally indicated on the dial or the case in the form of bars of pressure or a depth in meters. Diving watches are subjected to even more stringent tests. They must be capable of being used for at least one hour a day at a depth of 100 meters. It is important to remember that the water-resistance of a watch is tested at a particular point in time and is not guaranteed for life. Any work on the case, or strong changes of temperature (e.g. taking a cold shower after lying in the sun), as well as the ageing of materials can lead to moisture penetrating the most water-resistant watch.
- When should I set the day and date?
Should your Maurice Lacroix stop, turn the hands manually with the help of the crown. When the hands mark 12.00, if the day/date changes, it is midnight. Set the time to midday and adjust day and date. The day/date mechanism is engaged between 6.00PM and 6.00AM. Take care not to adjust day/date during that period.