Heirloom Jewelry: How to Create New from Old
Old to New: Repurpose Old & Heirloom Jewelry
Vintage jewelry can be a chic and gorgeous addition to your jewelry collection. Perhaps you found a treasure at an estate sale or inherited some sentimental pieces from a relative.
But what do you do if they are damaged or unwearable? While heirlooms hold much sentimental value, the style may not be right for you today.
Fortunately, you can consider turning previously owned jewelry into a new design, one better suited for you. With the help of Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry, you can create many special possibilities that hold on to the same emotional significance or retain the vintage elements you love.
First things first: Talk to a Jared jewelry specialist. Find or Call a Store >
Regardless of what you would like to do with your jewelry, you'll want the help of a Jared professional, who can give you practical advice and design options. Here are some common options you might discuss:
- Turn a pendant into a ring or charm, or vice versa.
- Take the stones from one item of jewelry and put them into a new setting. Create a new ring or pair of earrings.
- Pearls can be restrung to a shorter length or combined with other pearls to create a whole new look.
- Is the setting silver when you want gold? Keep the gemstones and change out the metal.
- Replace missing or damaged stones with something new.
Heirloom jewelry usually has a story behind it that makes it even more special or sentimental. Redesigning a piece that doesn't work for you in its current style is a way to let you carry that story from one generation to the next. Or perhaps, you're looking to write a whole new story. Either way, don't keep your heirloom jewelry hidden away.
ALL JEWELRY EDUCATION >